Nau Mai, Haere Mai
COVID AND WINTER ILLNESSES -YOUR HEALTH NEEDS
We are currently experiencing staff shortages as well as a higher demand to see our doctors & nurses. Every day we keep some urgent appointments but you need to ring us to book these. A nurse or doctor may give you advice if we are unable to see you. Non-urgent appointment bookings may be one or two weeks away. If there is a change in your health while waiting for an appointment, please phone and talk to a nurse.
We realise it is a very challenging time for everyone and we thank you for your patience, support & kindness.
- We will remain open and keep supporting your wellbeing
- For everyone’s well-being, we will continue to keep “respiratory” patients separate from other patients
- We ask all “respiratory” patients to wait in their cars rather than in the waiting room
- Please wear a mask when coming into the practice.
- If you have a mask exemption, please let us know so that we can decide together where you will wait for your appointment
- We are offering Rapid Antigen Tests (RATs) & PCR's if required. We can provide you with RATs to take home
- We will continue to offer phone as well as “in person” consultations
For information about testing positive for covid, isolation periods and return to work and work certificates, please CLICK HERE
For more information please see our COVID-19 UPDATES tab
FLU VACCINATIONS ARE AVAILABLE NOW
They are free for children between the ages of 3-12 years, people aged between 6 months-64 years who have chronic health conditions, pregnant women and those aged over 65.
For all other people who wish to be vaccinated the cost is $32. Please call 03 348 5749 to book an appointment.
Fees Increase 1st May 2022
Unfortunately, due to a significant increase in general practice costs, we have had to increase our fees. Please be aware that each GP consultation is for 10 to 15 mins. Longer appointment times will be charged an extra fee
We have some staff changes but our model of care is not changing. Your needs and wellbeing are important to us and we will continue to offer our same high level of care to you and your whanau.
After Hours Medical Care
If you need urgent after-hours medical care please call Pegasus Health 24Hr surgery on 03 365 7777. They are located at 401 Madras Street, Christchurch.
If you phone our usual number after hours, your call will automatically be diverted to the 24Hr surgery.